As a result of the corona pandemic, information about accommodation facilities may differ from the usual.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Please contact us with any questions about the accommodation .
KICL has dormitory available in order to ensure that all of our students can live in safely from their first day in Japan.
There are a limited number of rooms available. If you would like a dormitory room, please let us know when you make your application to the school.
Please note that the dormitory contract is typically for one semester only.
※In the instance where you are unable to enter the dormitory accommodation because the capacity has been exceeded or you have to leave after one semester, please rest assured that the school will introduce you to rental agencies. These agencies will will help you find a suitable accommodation that meets your desired conditions (rent, location, security etc).
Details of accommodation support
||Type of Room
||6～7 Tatami Mats
|Rent / per semester
||Walk 10 minutes
Procedures for entering a dormitory
- Please indicate whether or not you want to reside in a dormitory when you submit your application to the school.
- You will be notified of the decision on which dormitory you will live in when your Certificate of Eligibility is issued. Please pay tuition and dormitory fees by the specified date (after the decision is finalized, you cannot cancel your residence at the dormitory).
- When you arrive in Japan, senior students will explain the dormitory rules.
・You may not be able to move in when the room is full.
・After the decision on your assigned dormitory is finalized, you cannot cancel your residence at the dormitory.
・Students entering a dormitory should come to school on the date and at the time specified,
If you contract for a residence on your own
- To find a room or flat independently, you can use a real estate agency or contact one of the school affiliated real estate agencies. We also offer support in Chinese, English, Thai, and Korean.Generally, when entering a contract for a room, a guarantor in Japan is required. However, there is also an option for an international student to use the "Foreigner Solidarity Guarantee (Paid)", in which case, a guarantor is not required.
- First, when looking for a room, please consult KICL. We will explain the points requiring caution when looking for a room and introduce a real estate agent which we can be a gurantor for. When you go to a real estate agent, be careful to accurately convey your intentions and the conditions under which you are searching for a room, including nearby train stations, the amount of the rent you can afford, the size of apartment you want, and other requirements you might have. After a preliminary inspection of a room, you can simply refuse that choice if you do not like it. There are no costs involved while looking for a room.
- If you find a room you like, you can enter a contract for residence. Signing such a contract means that you fully understand and agree with the content of the contract. Therefore, please make sure that you suficiently understand content before you sign.
Funds required to complete a contract
||The deposit is about 1-3 months' rent. Part of this amount may be refunded to you when the contract is over.
||This amount is paid to the landlord as a token of your gratitude. The key money is not refundable.
||When the contract is signed, this fee is paid to the real estate agent that introduced the room to you. In general, this will be about the same amount as one month's rent.
School Affiliated Real Estate Agencies
Has a long relationship with KICL
Furniture/Home Appliance Rental Plan
Many managed properties in Kyoto city
Support after moving in
Furniture, home appliances, bedding included in all properties
No guarantor required
Lots of properties around the downtown area
Provides various services for foreigners
If You Want to Use a Homestay